Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

Conversation. Ready or Not? Showing your work. Cheryl R Long


Sunday, August 13: Free Presentation / Conversation
Preparing to Show your Work: Ready or Not? 
12:00-1:30
with Cheryl Renee Long

In Cheryl's Words: 
To Show or Not to Show,
 Irrational and Rational fear of exhibiting your art

Over the years I have taught watercolor to many students. No matter how good they get, some of them would prefer to face a rattlesnake than show their art. Then there are people who frame their first painting and cannot wait to get it out there in public view. It takes all kinds and this talk is to help you sort it out. Maybe you are somewhere in between. In this 1-1/2 hour interactive talk we will discuss:

Irrational and rational fear of showing.
Am I ready to show my art?
Where should I start (it probably isn't at a gallery.)
Options where to show you might not have considered. 
Should I donate my art at an auction?
How do I know if I am good enough (don't ask your mother)
How can I frame my art affordably?
How should I price my art?
Should I enter a juried show?
What are the judges looking for?

We will talk about all of this and much more. Bring your questions. 
Contact Cheryl with inquires about this subject and her classes at

see my art at www.CherylRLong.com

No comments:

Post a Comment