|"Angel 1" by Alicia Harvey|
MIXED MEDIA: Texturizing Basics using GOLDEN Acrylics
with Alicia Harvey
Thursday, October 6th, 2011
From 10 am to 12 pm (noon)
Alicia Harvey introduces you to the different types of texturizing methods available to the acrylic artist today. Topics include paper texturizing in underpainting – as shown in much of Jacqui Beck’s work or as collage, and texturizing with GOLDEN Acrylic gels and grounds.
When you leave this demo, you will understand the basics of these products, the appropriate surfaces on which to use them, how they appear alone, mixed with paint, and painted on. Alicia will take Texturizing even further with her Beyond Texturizing (FREE) Demo on Monday, October 10th!
Products Alicia will be working with during this FREE demonstration are:
* All GOLDEN gels and pastes, especially GOLDEN Acrylic Gel Medium Paste Intro Set
* GOLDEN Acrylic Medium (gloss) or DANIEL SMITH Ultimate Acrylic Medium (gloss)
* GOLDEN Fluid Matte Medium or DANIEL SMITH Ultimate Acrylic Medium (matte)
* DANIEL SMITH's selection of handmade & decorative papers
Good Books that Alicia will be referencing:
* Rethinking Acrylic by Patti Brady
* New Acrylics Essential Sourcebook: Materials, Techniques, and Contemporary Applications for Acrylics Artist by Rheni Tauchid
* Acrylic Revolution: New Tricks and Techniques for Working with the World's Most Versatile Medium by Nancy Reyner
* #5326 Altered Surfaces: Using Acrylic Paints With Gels, Mediums, Grounds & Pastes by Chris Cozen
If you have ever wondered how to create texture and depth in your paintings or wondered about GOLDEN Acrylic Mediums, Gels and Paste, this is a great demo for you!